Saturday, June 4, 2011

Baby #2!!!!!!

If you haven't already heard, Ashlyn is already going to have another brother or sister!  It was COMPLETELY unexpected. I was 4 days late on my cycle and I thought I'd take a pregnancy test (one that I had left over from when I tested with Ashlyn) just to ease my mind. In no way did I think it would actually show up positive! I was in total shock! It was one of those annoying tests that have a little symbol of a + for pregnant and a - for not pregnant. I just kept looking at the test, then looking at the box over and over to be sure I was right. But the little + sign was clear and it only took a second for it to appear.

I've had three ultrasounds so far (due to having an ectopic pregnancy in the past), and the baby looks good. We've seen a healthy heart beat and everything looks fine so far. My hormone levels also looked good when I was 5 weeks along. And I haven't had any symptoms that would cause concern.

How far along: 8 weeks, 3 days. (Due January 11, 2012) That will make Ashlyn 14 months older than her sibling.

Baby's size: About the size of a raspberry!


Symptoms: NAUSEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But, thankfully I haven't actually thrown up! I've gotten REALLY close many times but I've managed to hold it down. Also, I've been bloated and very sleepy. 

Gender:  Ramon wants a boy more than a girl, but he would still be a very happy, proud daddy either way. I don't really care because it's win/win either way. If we have a boy, then it's our first boy, and if it's a girl, we have everything we need already.

What I miss: Lunch meat and not feeling like I'm going to vomit 24/7.

What I'm looking forward to:  My second trimester! 

I'll try to keep everyone updated every couple of weeks or so throughout my pregnancy.





No comments:

Post a Comment